Thursday, January 13, 2011

Maybe Annually?

Wow, so I know. It's been forever but new year so new chance? I was reading a quilting blog and have been inspired so maybe I'll post pictures of some of the projects I've done lately. I do the simplest projects imaginable but I love the fabric selection process so they end up cute regardless. I'm also pretty proud of the fact that they are tailored to who I'm making them for. I've asked my nieces and nephews for favorite colors and such. I ended up doing one with frogs and purples, greens and blues that was pretty fun and a baseball/red one as well. Now for myself I might do baseball and blues but never the combinations I did. I even use pink a lot which is a stretch for me.
On another note, I did another typical Jen move and signed up for a half marathon even though I haven't really run at all for nearly a year. I did one 18 months ago so I should be fine right? Whatever. I realized that I only have six states to cross of my list and the combination of needing to go to Oklahoma and the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon and Half was too tempting. It's an out and back from the site of the Murrah Building which is definitely the place I want to see there. May 1 so I need to get a move on. Last week I did about 9 miles total with the longest being a bit over 3 so that was a start but with the ice here this week I haven't done any. Hopefully I can still get my 4 or so in on Saturday morning so it won't be a complete loss.
I promise to have some photos next time. I've finished or nearly finished (thanks to my aunt for doing the tying and binding at times for me) 4 quilts in the past month so I have a few that I can show pics of when I'm not so lazy that I don't want to look for the cables to download them.

No comments: