Friday, September 26, 2008

Comcast

I hate Comcast! Our local cable company is pathetic. I have spent hours trying to get my service fixed and still nothing. Today I came home from work early only to find that they are running extremely late. It's after 7 (They were supposed to be here between 4 and 7) and I called to find out what the status is. The repair guy is still two visits away from getting here! The other night I spent an hour on the phone with them without getting my problem solved. In fact, while I was on the phone with them the first time they broke what little was working so I had to call back! Service calls where you are on hold for over 20 minutes are not fun.

On a more positive note, I did get to Tuesday night's Twins game and we had great seats. Only 4 rows up by the bullpen and they were free! My neighbor got them at a charity event. It wasn't the most exciting game of the week since last night was a heartstopper but it was definitely fun and set the whole week in motion. Now one more sweep and they should be good for the playoffs. They are definitely doing better than they were at the beginning of the week but it's not close to being a sealed deal yet.

I just thought of an even worse thing about Comcast. After waiting and doing nothing, the cable guy will probably be here screwing things up during the debate. Argh!!! Will the nightmare ever cease?

1 comment:

ComcastCares1 said...

Sorry to learn about the service appointment. I hope everything is okay now.

If this is not the case, let me know. I work for Comcast and I can make a few phone calls to my contacts to get this resolved.

Mark C.
Comcast Corp.
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com