Thursday, October 16, 2008

Running

I'm very psyched because I went to a running clinic tonight and am training for a half marathon. A few years ago I did a running clinic where we just learned to run. I know it seems simple but it was great to have a coach and a group of people to run with a few times a week. We did a 5K and then I did another clinic with a lot of the same people and ran the Twin Cities 10 Mile. Tough but great at the same time. It wasn't long after that I moved to Tokyo and without the friends and support and with Tokyo being miserable to run in with a lack of trails and awful weather, I lost my momentum. Since school ended I've been doing some running here and there and told a friend about this clinic which I found out was being coached by my old coach and she thought she would like to try it. So tonight was the first night and it was even better than I remembered. Love the coaches, my friend loved it and the other participants seem really cool so I am psyched. We went for just a short 3 mile run around Lake of the Isles and the weather was perfect for a run. It's really nice to have a group to go out with in the evening too. I can't wait for Sunday when we go again!

No comments: