Saturday, October 18, 2008

St Bernard Project

Just wanted to get the word out about the CNN Heroes project. The network identified 10 heroes and is allowing viewers to vote for the 2008 Hero of the Year. The winner receives $100,000. I'm sure all ten nominees are doing great work but I can personally vouch for Liz McCartney as I've met her through my work in the New Orleans area. Liz and Zach moved to New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina to open the St. Bernard Project which helps homeowners rebuild houses that were destroyed. They still have a huge waiting list but work tirelessly to continue helping people move out of trailers and into their old homes. Click here to go to the CNN page where you can vote to help St. Bernard continue their amazing work. A few friends and I will be returning to help out SBP over the Thanksgiving holiday and I'll be able to give you another update after that. So go vote for Liz in a race that can be completely non-partisan. In regards to the partisan election, get informed and vote in that one too!

No comments: