Sunday, October 26, 2008

Snow!!!



We had some flurries of snow today! It was really more like rain but I'll still take it. I'm very excited by the onset of winter although I enjoy all the seasons. Here are pictures from the Lake Harriet Rose Garden and the Japanese Peace Garden right across the street yesterday. The leaves were past their peak but still pretty.
It was quite chilly this weekend but not too bad this morning if a person got moving. I went on a 5 mile run this morning with the half marathon group. It seemed chilly but our coach had a route picked out which kept us sheltered from the blustery wind so it was relatively painless and warmed up quickly after we started moving. It's the longest run I've done since I did the Twin Cities 10 mile in 2004 but it went great. I can't wait until Wednesday and Thursday when I go running with the group again.
Oh, another funny running story: I went to the Monster Dash 5k yesterday which encourages costumes and there were some cute ones. The dog dressed up as a hotdog with "parents" who were mustard and ketchup was cool as was the orange prisoner jumpsuit that said "T. Petters." Ouch.

No comments: