Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Off to Bemidji





Oy, it's been a while. Oops. Nothing exciting to report anyway although here are some pics I've taken recently. The first are some taken from the Guthrie when I impersonated a tourist with my friend Margaux who was visiting from DC. The pic of the bridges shows the new 35W bridge although it's been open about 9 months now I believe.
The first pic is the top of the handquilted sampler I'm doing. I still need to lay it out with the batting so I can actually quilt it which will take quite a while. The second quilt is the baby project I did for a friend of mine. That one was a lot quicker because I do the cheater method of knotting it rather than actually quilting it. The fabric is all from Crafty Planet in NE Mpls which is a great store. I've got some more fabric from there for my next project and I've got two other tops pretty much done that I need to lay out and knot sometime soon. One is another baby project but the second one is 64x64, my first big project.

Since I'm still feeling the effects of this economy (am unemployed) I've decided to spend all of next week in Bemidji. It's a long time for me in a small town so we'll see how that goes. I actually plan on being there the next three weekends in a row which is a bit daunting. This weekend is my grandma's 80th birthday party, the following weekend is the 4th and the weekend after that is a cousin's wedding. Too much Bemidji...

1 comment:

Heidi Myhre said...

Wow Jenny!...baby quilt?? THAT is impressive. :) See you in Bemidji soon!