Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Long Break

Wow, it's been a long time. The summer has kind of disappeared on me. Not really any news to report but I promise I'll get better about posting stuff once I move. That's right, I'm moving to Atlanta at the end of the month. I spent quite a bit of time in Bemidji this summer and will again for the next few weeks and then I'll be driving to ATL with my friend Erika at the end of the month so I can look for work there while I stay with her. Pretty awesome friend, huh?

I notice that I last posted the day before I left for Bemidji a few trips ago. It also happened to be the day before Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson died. Very crazy and sad. I was a big fan and even saw him perform live twice in 1993 for some Clinton inauguration festivities. He was definitely one of the greatest entertainers of all time and the sort of celebrity that we will never see again. With the rise of the internet and so many channels, it is impossible for an entertainer to reach the same proportion of the public that they once could. It's similar to the way that Walter Cronkite was known to so many television viewers but there is no news personality that has the same kind of connection with viewers today due to so many sources of news.

Sorry about the lame postings and lack of them but I promise I'll have lots more when I get to explore Atlanta. I already have plans to run a 5k in October and see a Braves game before the end of the season. They are playing the Mets in September and we're hoping that Santana will pitch and we can cheer for the good New York team.

No comments: