Friday, April 10, 2009

Baseball season!



The 2009 season is underway thankfully. Welcome back to the boys of summer. A group of 10 of us went to the opener the other night and even though the results were disappointing we had a ton of fun. I met one of my friends at City Hall prior to the game (she works there for Elections-her life has been a Franken/Coleman hell for a while now) so I have some pictures of the building which is quite cool.

Running has been going pretty well. We did Norwegian relays last night which help us get some speed work in but are a little challenging to explain in writing and most of you probably don't care. Tomorrow we have a 12 mile run which is my last long run before the Get in Gear Half Marathon on April 25. It will also be my longest run ever. I think my previous long run is more like 11 miles. Now I've got a Garmin so I'll be able to tell you exactly how far it is. We are running to the bunny, a big statue at the intersection of Portland Avenue and Minnehaha Parkway. Pretty appropriate for the day before Easter, eh?

No comments: