Saturday, April 18, 2009

Quilting

Quilting runs in the family so I figured I should join in when a friend also showed some interest. The two of us signed up for a hand quilting class which began last week. It was funny when we told another friend of ours who is pretty crafty. She really didn't believe that we were actually doing everything by hand. The conversation went something like this:
"A hand quilting class?"
"Yup"
"So you use your machine to put it together and then quilt it by hand"
"Nope, we do it all by hand"
"The quilting is all by hand but the piecing is with a machine"
"Nope, we do it all by hand"
"By all you mean the quilting"
"Nope, we mean everything"
"You're crazy"

I've done one block so far that had 21 pieces. There are quite a few flaws but I'm hoping that it gets better as we do more squares. We should finish a nine block sampler in the course which means doing one or two blocks per week. I've taken my time this week in getting one done so I'll have to work harder in the upcoming weeks.

The Twins are back in business but not performing all that well for the most part. Here's hoping that they get better as time goes on (like my sewing:) In the meantime, I'm loving Cleveland today. They absolutely killed the Yankees. It's pretty sad when the Yankees pitcher starts the game with a 28 ERA and it actually got worse! Cleveland started the year really slow so it's nice that they got into the groove at Yankee Stadium.

No comments: