Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'm Back!

Wow. After a two week and six day road trip (approximately 6500 miles) I am back in Minnesota. It's good to be back but I had a great time too. Two days ago I was having lunch in Santa Fe which was my favorite part of the return trip. The day before that we stopped at the Grand Canyon which was amazing.

During my trip, a friend emailed and asked if I could help out on the Breast Cancer Ride. It's a similar event to the multiple bike rides I have done for the past seven years and since it is a good friend I said sure so I'm working on that on June 21st and 22nd and probably helping out some before that as well. So, I'm working on a total of three cycling fundraisers this summer. One down, two to go...

On that note, I was sweep support for AIDS Life Cycle 7 which was an amazing experience. It's so much bigger than the Minnesota events I have done and that is a massive understatement. 2500 riders, 550 roadies/crew moving down the road from San Francisco to L.A. which is very hilly. A lot of it is along Highway 1/the Pacific Coast Highway which is beautiful but crazy having that many cyclists on a fairly busy road. There are also times where the cyclists get on Highway 101, the freeway! That is really interesting to say the least... As a sweep vehicle on other events I've picked up cyclists along the route but usually get to do a lot of cheering. We did some cheering on this ride but there was a lot of picking up cyclists. I think we had 60-70 sweeps over the seven days including one day of 28! We were busy!

Ok, I'm going to try to get some pictures up here. Have a great day!

No comments: