Sunday, July 20, 2008

Red Ribbon Ride 2008

Another Red Ribbon Ride is in the books and they just keep getting better and better. For the second year in a row I was Moto Support which meant that I brought water, Gatorade and snacks to the Moto crew stationed at various intersections guiding cyclists along the route. We also occasionally relieved them so they could take a break, grab lunch and even just go to the bathroom. It was a little different because for the past four years I have crewed with my friend Kristin who wasn't able to do it this year. However, my new carmate, Van, was great and I think he really liked our job too. I do think our assignment is the best of the lot. There are about 150 crew members and only two get to do Moto Support so I feel pretty lucky. What makes it great is the actual Moto crew and how we are able to get to know them better since we are focused on only 6-10 people and they happen to be exceptional folks. In fact, the hardest part of our job is saying goodbye to one when we have to move on to the next!

Also, speaking of the Red Ribbon Ride, I wasn't going to be doing a lot of fundraising for it but decided to at the last minute and sent out a plea for donations. To all who supported me both before (Yes, some friends donated before I even asked! Awesome!) and after my plea, thank you! If you still want to donate that's not a problem either. You can click on the Red Ribbon Ride link on the right.

I'll upload pics later as now it's off to sleep since I am exhausted. Crewing the Red Ribbon Ride is the hardest I work all year long I think and the most fun too. It's great how the people you are with can make even the most exhausting days a blast, isn't it?

1 comment:

queenpdog said...

She is being modest. What she is not telling you is that she is the absolute best support person that the ride has! Congratulations on nailing it another year. I love you Wenzel.
T.A.H.