Thursday, March 27, 2008

Guthrie




One of my favorite things in Minneapolis is the Guthrie Theater which opened a few years ago and has won rave reviews from all over the world. I have gone to several plays there but they also hold concerts periodically and it is an excellent venue for that. Nanci Griffith was playing the other day so I convinced a friend to go (even though she hadn't even heard of Griffith). My friend lives in Minneapolis but had yet to go to the Guthrie, a sin in my book, but she loved it. There is a walkway which overlooks the Mississippi so we went out there for a few minutes and I took these pics. The first one is looking towards the 10th Street bridge which is right next to where the 35W bridge once stood and will again in a year or so. The other is looking the other direction towards the Stone Arch Bridge which is an old one that is now open just to pedestrians. We had a fun evening and Nanci Griffith was fantastic.

I'm off to New York this weekend. Some friends and I are going to hang out and we're going to see a show or two. One being the new revival of South Pacific. I'll let you know how it is. Have a great weekend!

No comments: