Thursday, May 22, 2008

South Dakota

So today I pretty much crossed South Dakota. Erika and I are in Spearfish, almost to Wyoming. Tomorrow night I will be in Jackson where they are having Old West Days! There's a wine tasting tomorrow night. 400 different wines! Hmmm, what are the chances I can talk prima (cousin) Sara into joining us for that. I wouldn't bet against it if I were you.

We visited the Badlands which were pretty neat. It was really windy and pretty chilly though. The real bummer was that it rained and fogged in Mount Rushmore so we didn't get to see that. We did have dinner in Deadwood though. Pretty good and a cute town. You probably need to watch the HBO series to really appreciate it but I wouldn't recommend it if you are at all squeamish or averse to swearing. Interesting show though overall.

I'll write again with a update from Wyoming on our old West trek. Have a great day!

No comments: