Monday, January 5, 2009

2009

Oh my gosh, I didn't realize it had been so long since I had updated the blog. I called this "notquitedaily" for a reason but not quite monthly is ridiculous. I guess it was right before New Orleans that I last posted and then I just got a little crazy with work and now without work. I had been doing contract work and due to the economy, the company I was working at had to let all the contractors go so as of December 19, I am without an income. With the holidays it wasn't the worst timing but now I'll be getting probably a bit stir crazy as the rest of the world gets back into the routine and I am without one. Well, I can't say I'm without a routine as I have the gym and television. I'm definitely addicted to both.
New Orleans was great as usual. The food is unreal there. Luckily we did a lot of walking so we didn't gain too much weight. We also worked with St. Bernard Project for two days which was a lot of fun and very rewarding.
Yes, I know I need pictures. I'll get some New Orleans photos loaded up and post them soon hopefully.
Oh, a recommendation for a book and author: I got a Barnes and Noble gift card for my birthday (thanks Erika)and picked up Barbara Kingsolver's "Animal Vegetable Miracle" and (like everything she writes) it is awesome. Definitely makes a person appreciate the farmer's markets even more. I also gained some kitchen items (thanks Amanda) and am going to try to take up a bit of cooking. I need some ingredients first so I'll be heading to Target sometime in the next few days after I look at a few recipes. I'll definitely keep you posted on that as that's a whole new adventure for me.
Happy 2009!

No comments: