Saturday, January 24, 2009

America

With the inauguration festivities going on I was reminded of what I think is the most beautiful version of America the Beautiful ever by Ray Charles. Here's a video:
Somebody once said that they thought this was made even more poignant by the fact that with Ray Charles being blind, he always figured he was really singing about the true beauty of the country which can't be seen, the ideals and spirit of the nation.

I don't really have much to write about these days which is probably why you're getting youtube links! I swear I think they're good though. I did do a 5K run today which was fun but bitterly cold. The Frozen Half Marathon turned into a 10K but I didn't even feel like running that far so the 3 miles or so that we did was good. Afterwards we had lunch at Cafe Latte which is always good. I have been trying to be a "locavore" and eat local foods rather than use the energy to transport goods many miles when there is food harvested locally which could meet our needs. However, I think I need to move to a place closer to the ocean though when I like seafood as much as I do. Trout and walleye just don't cut it unfortunately. Bummer. I have cut out bananas at least...

No comments: