Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

So I'm wondering if this whole blogging thing is really worth it being that my life has been so lame lately. I spend a lot of time on facebook though so I'm recycling here and publishing a list of random things about me that I posted there in response to a forwarded request. Here is more info about me than you ever needed to know. Enjoy!

1. Is currently unemployed and is using that as an excuse to spend my time doing this. (But doesn't expect others to have the same sort of time to waste regardless of the directions above.)

2. Has 13 nieces and nephews and thus do not need any children of my own.

3. Grew up 20 miles north of Bemidji, MN on a small farm but moved into Bemidji and rented an apartment (with my cousin who is a year older) when I was a senior in high school before moving to Washington, D.C. for college.

4. Wanted to run a marathon by age 30, never got around to it but when I hit 30 I started running. The furthest official race so far is 10 miles but I plan on doing some halves this year and have come to believe that 13 miles is a more fun distance.

5. Loves the Minnesota Twins, especially Pat Neshek and Justin Morneau.

6. Hates feet and thinks open toed shoes in public is a trend that never should have started.

7. Went an entire 2 1/2 years without using the oven or stovetop at her apartment but finally gave in recently.

8. Loves travelling and would love to go to Africa again. Kenya is my favorite destination thus far.

9. One of my proudest accomplishments is that after only 3 years I needed to have new pages added to my passport but I'm sad that I've used it hardly at all since then (almost 3 years ago.)

10. Is obsessed with New Orleans especially post-Katrina.

11. Has a thing for Brian Williams. Seriously, I read his blog and usually download NBC Nightly News unless he's on vacation.

12. Met Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Al Gore and Tipper Gore (among other politicians including working as an intern for Ted Kennedy) while an undergrad at American University in D.C. In fact, I knew that Ted Kennedy was going to be a grandfather before he did as I overheard his daughter inform her cousin and say she hadn't told her Dad yet. Several months later it was in the Post but I could have sold it way earlier.

13. Loves Chris Paul of the New Orleans Hornets. I just received my ESPN game ending text update with his stats for the night. I get them after every game.

14. Can waste more time on the internet than anybody I know.

15. Believes M*A*S*H is and always will be the best TV show ever made. The combination of humor and drama and political commentary in a half hour show has never been better. West Wing was the only one that came close.

16. Secretly wonders if the whole MBA thing was really worth it. (See the unemployed comment in #1) But when I remember the friends that I made in the program I can't imagine not doing it as I can't imagine life without them. They are the best.

17. Lived in Tokyo for 1 1/2 years but still only speaks sukoshi Nihon-go and doesn't like sushi.

18. Hates the suburbs and has never lived in one. If I'm going to be in a metro area I'm going to be in the city proper.

19. Has a best friend that I have known since I was probably 11 or 12 but we didn't become friends until I was 23 or so. Since then we have rarely lived in the same location but I can always count on her for a good phone chat or to distract me from work with frequent emails. I always happily return the favor.

20. Recently read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver and has been trying even harder to eat locally, organically, etc. (I've discovered the food is waaay better anyway.)

21. Is known for not liking vegetables but likes some of the uncommon ones and dislikes common varieties. No to tomatoes and onions. Yes to broccoli, spinach, peas.

22. Is a liberal Democrat although I'm definitely more liberal socially than fiscally and I'm pretty conservative in my own lifestyle if that makes any sense.

23. Is a freak for Propel in almost all of its flavors. On any given day I typically have orange juice, water and Propel.

24. Adores AVEDA and spends way more money there than any person (especially one who doesn't wear makeup) should.

25. Believes strongly in the institution of adoption and if I were ever so inclined to have children, would adopt a few (kids need siblings) from the foster system.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny, I'm checking out your blog again...been awhile!!!!