Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cooking

I'm guessing that you're sitting down but if not you should do so now because after a lot of pushing from friends and lots of consideration by me, I used my stove! I know it's a novel concept for me but one I've been considering for months and finally did. For Christmas I received a baking dish that I could use and a Target card so I went grocery shopping the other day. I have been reading Animal Vegetable Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver so I couldn't bring myself to purchase meat from the grocery store so I went to Local Dlish which sells farm fresh meat, produce and other locally made items. I purchased chicken on Thursday which is when it is delivered so I know it was walking around just a day or two before on a farm which is much better than having shared a 6x8 room with 1000 other chickens. I used a recipe I found online and it turned out pretty well. I did have to run upstairs to steal some pepper from Mandy after I realized that I had two containers of salt and zero of pepper so that will be an item to add to my list of future purchases. At long last, after almost 2 1/2 years in my apartment, the oven has finally been used! i was even on a roll and made some muffins afterwards that I had a mix for. Fiber One Apple Cinnamon and they turned out too (although baking hasn't ever been a real problem for me anyway, I just never do it).
I know that for most people this stuff isn't blog worthy but for anybody that knows me, it's earth shattering! Have a great day!

No comments: